Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: 9000 Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Set up Problems

I'm a Palm Treo (270, 600, 680) convert - my first Blackberry (BB)... I'm with Rogers in Canada.

Problem 1.  I don't think the phone has registered with Blackberry / Rogers. When I went to the BB Internet Services page to create e-mail accounts, I received a message that the device was not registered - completed the recommended steps (Options, Advanced Settings, Host Routing Table, Register now). Went back to the BB Internet Services page several times over a few hours, kept getting the same message, kept following the same process, same results.Decided to bypass the warning message and registered a BB address and my  regular e-mail address.

Problem 2. When I try to set up e-mail on the 9000, instead of the dialogue and choices described in the documentation and on the web, what I get is: "Select an e-mail setup option"and the only entry following is: "I want to use a work email account with a BB Enterprise Server" which is not what I'm looking for. I was careful during the initial setup to select the 'individual' option and not the 'Enterprise' option.

Problem 3. One of the features the BB Desktop Manager offers is a "Device Switch Wizard" (DSW). I wanted to use this to migrate all my contact, calendar, etc. info from the Treo 680 to the 9000. The Treo Palm OS is version 4.2. The DSW only accepts certain versions of the Palm OS - you guessed it - 4.2 isn't one of them. I downloaded 4.1.4, one of the supported versions, installed it and the BB Desktop Manager on another system, updated the new Palm install with all my data, connected the two devices and ran the DSW. The DSW dialogue was in a language I couldn't understand (see image below) but seemed to work. I could see progress bars as it went through its process and came to an end - even the BB had a screen image indicating it was communicating, presumably with Desktop Manager. Once the process was completed, I went to the 9000 to see how the data had been loaded - there was nothing.... When I tried to run it again, it aborted.

Additional comments - Phone, SMS, Browser, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc all working. As far as I can tell right now, the only component NOT working is e-mail. I did not insert the SIM card initially as I still wanted to use the Treo til the BB had my data in it. SIM is inserted now.

DSW Screen 

Not quite the 'Welcome to the BlackBerry World' I was expecting....

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Set up Problems

Did you ever get the problem resolved between your Treo 680 and BB Bold?  I'm considering making the same switch and don't want to have to re-enter my data manually. 
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

[ Edited ]

1- The device is not registered because you dont insert the sim on your blackberry bold.

2- You can setup any email through your carrier web page, log in on your account and setup any mail, few seconds and you have a notification on your bold.

If you want import all your data, first export the data from your palm software, and save to your pc.

Second, open Outlook on your pc and import the saved files.

When you sync your bold with the pc, all your data on the outlook goes to your blackberry.

Message Edited by urumilton on 11-05-2008 04:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

This would be great except that I can't get outlook to run on my machine.  Are there other alternatives?  It really stinks that I paid several hundered dollars for a device and it seems like there are a lot of Treo users out there who would swutch if BB would just make it simple to do so.  Oh well so much for technology.