Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
zoomzoomer
My Device: Bold 9930

Setting up email after exchange

OK the subject may sound confusing and I assure you it is confusing.

I alway's recieved my mail through my company's out look exchanger server.  However they recently changed our email accounts to web based gmail not being pushed through the exchange.  Now I am unable to recieve mail on my BB and any tries to set up for the new email have failed.  It seems that no matter what service I put in that I'm getting my email from it won't allow me to change the exchange server to imap or anything else.  Funny thing is that I am able to send email from the device just not recieve any???  Keep in mind that just because we are using gmail doesn't mean that my email address ends in gmail.com, it ends in my company's name.  Any thoughts??

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Setting up email after exchange

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you say, it sounds like you are trying to change, on your BB, the existing configuration for this email account. Instead, you should remove that integration and then put in a new one for the new account...you may need to use advanced integration.

Or...depending on when they made the change, if your email address/domain has not actually changed (e.g., it's the same domain, just now hosted at GMail rather than in house), it could be that the MX record propagation has not been able to complete. It can take up to 72 hours (or longer) for that to happen, so you may need to wait before you can re-integrate this to your BB (though you still should remove the old configuration and create a brand new one).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
zoomzoomer

Thanks for your email although some of it may be over my head...  My address/Domain hasn't changed and it is now just hosted by gmail.  Also I was hopeing not to have to disconnect my device totally from the enterprise server as I have access to other sytems with it, I just need to stop the mail host from being the outlook exchange.  It's been a week since the change over so if something was going to happen in 72 hours it probably would have already.  Thanks again.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

When you say "outlook exchange", do you mean BES? If so, then you really need to work with your BES admins for the "hybrid" configuration you desire.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
zoomzoomer

Well BES is curently how the divice has been configured, however I'm trying to get my mail now through BIS.  And the settings won't allow me to change the outlook exchange setting to imap for google.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

And so I refer you back to what I've already said. Attempting to CHANGE the settings on the BB may be the problem...you cannot intermingle BES and BIS within the same email configuration item. You need to work with your BES admins to understand the proper configuration for your environment...having two configurations with the exact same email address may not work. I am hopeful that they have provided an alternate BES configuration via some different email address so that you can have one BES configuration for all things BES (non-email) and a separate configuration for BIS access to your GMail hosted email accounts. But, I cannot know what your BES admins have done...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates