01-22-2013 03:22 AM - last edited on 01-22-2013 05:49 AM by BelmaHFL
I've blackberry Bold 9900 "Dakota", with the latest version OS 7.1 build 1646. I need your help for several problems here:
1. Starting yesterday morning i cannot use my shortcut Lock Button to lock my blackberry, i do nothing before the problum occurs;
2. I cannot use my trackpad as well In several page (such as in BBM), so when i try to write something and i want to go backward because i type wrong words i have to use touchescreen because my trackpad is didn't work.
In other way, i can use my trackpad on first pages of my blackberry, on selecting picture, selecting music or video and selecting email without any distraction (slowly or difficulty).
What happen with my blackberry ? Is it hardware failure / problem ? or system failure ?
FYI: I've try to wipe my blackberry device several times and the problem still happen
I need your help and support. Please reply or call me on my phone number as soon as possible.
Thank you for your kind attention and cooperation.
01-22-2013 07:23 AM
It sounds like what I have seen multiple times on a device with moisture damage.
Even sitting on a bathroom counter during a hot steamy shower or bath can cause keyboard and trackball problems UNTIL properly dried out. It really is more common than you think.
1. Remove the battery immediately!! Do not attempt to turn on your BlackBerry.
2. Let the device dry in a warm, dry place for 3 to 5 days* (see below)
3. DO NOT "check it each day" by placing the battery in. Leave it be to dry completely. This takes time. Replacing the battery to check it can only damage it more (moisture + electrical current = disaster).
4. If the device is warm after the drying period, allow it to cool to room temperature before placing the battery back in.
Suggestions on drying your BlackBerry in a warm place (open, with the battery out):
*Place the BB in a container of dry UNcooked rice, and then you might also place it in any of the locations mentioned below.
*On top of any dry heat emitting electronic component: TV cabinet or CRT, LCD, cable TV/Satellite converter box or plasma monitor
*On the dashboard of your car on a sunny day
01-22-2013 11:33 PM
Thank you for helping me, but do you have other solution beside taking out my blackberry battery and leave it for 3 until 5 days 'cause i really need the connection each single day for bussiness matter.
i really appreciate if you can give me other solution.
"Thumbs up for you"
01-23-2013 07:43 AM
I don't have another solution for drying it out completely.