Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
L84CABO
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Shortucts and other questions?

• I have my In Boxes separated...separate in box for email, separate in box for SMS, etc.  Is there a way to create a shortcut so I can jump from the home screen directly into the SMS inbox without having to go to the main in box/view folders/SMS In Box?

• Can I define which icons appear on the home screen? 

• I suspect the answer is no, but is there a way to rearrange the items in a dropdown menu so that the ones I use most often are at the top of the list?

• Is there a way to "delete all?"  For example, if I'm in my SMS In Box and I want to delete all SMS messages

• Track Ball...guess you either love it or hate it.  I hate it.  Wish it were a standard mouse.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Shortucts and other questions?

• I have my In Boxes separated...separate in box for email, separate in box for SMS, etc.  Is there a way to create a shortcut so I can jump from the home screen directly into the SMS inbox without having to go to the main in box/view folders/SMS In Box?

I can't understand, you have one icon with the mails and another one with the sms?, if you are in the mail folder, you can press the red button and go to the sms message folder.

• Can I define which icons appear on the home screen? 

Yes you can, you can move the icons, only go to the icon, press menu and move, if you don't want any icon, you can hide the icon, go to the icon, press menu and hide.

• I suspect the answer is no, but is there a way to rearrange the items in a dropdown menu so that the ones I use most often are at the top of the list?

Yes, i explain this in the second answer.

• Is there a way to "delete all?"  For example, if I'm in my SMS In Box and I want to delete all SMS messages

You can highlight the first one, and with the trackball scroll down to the last one and press the DEL key.

• Track Ball...guess you either love it or hate it.  I hate it.  Wish it were a standard mouse.  Any suggestions   No,when you are familiarized with the trackball you loved it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
L84CABO

Thank you for the help!  It is GREATLY appreciated.  Regarding the first question, you solved it with the answer to the second.  I wasn't aware that I could move Icons around so I can now access my SMS In Box from the home screen which is what I wanted.  Now if we could just get rid of that Miami Dolphin Avatar  ;-)

I'll keep my fingers crossed on the track ball.  I'm not optimistic  ;-)

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Two things.

1- maybe next year i take out the Miami Dolphins icon, from now to the next October we are the AFC East Division Champions, :smileyvery-happy:

2- please take a sec and mark the thread was solved, is better for users with the same question 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
L84CABO

Now how can I mark this as solved while you're still flying that avatar?  ;-)
Please use plain text.