Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Jeepers
My Device: Not Specified

Shoutcast Player for Bold

Anyone have a player that they use to access shoutcast broadcast on their BB?

I've normally used winamp but I don't see a Blackberry program.

Jeff

Please use plain text.
imz
Contributor
imz
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Shoutcast Player for Bold

[ Edited ]

I use the current Blackberry (Blackberry Bold 9000) media player that came with the device to stream my shoutcast service.

Steps to take to stream a shoutcast stream:

1) Open web browser

2) Ensure the browser identification is set to "Blackberry" (Options > Browser congifuration > Browser Identification)

3) Enter the shoutcast stream and port number for example http://www.yourhost.com:8000 (replace with your own info)

4) A popup will appear with three options (Open | Save | Cancel)

5) Select Open

Also in Manage connections i turned of my network and enabled "wi-fi" to see if i can stream the shoutcast radio without eating into my allocated data and the results were positive :smileyhappy:

happy listening

Message Edited by imz on 02-24-2009 05:28 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jeepers

Thank you for your reply and solution.

I had tried the one you mentioned but found it kinda a pain to get the shoutcast stream and then enter it in to the url address.

Found another easier way using Mobiola xPlayer.

I can use the player for live music from shoutcast and add my own stations I choose..:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
imz
Contributor
imz
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Easiest way would be to bookmark the shoutcast streams as you would bookmark normal websites, but thanks for listing the other alternative player, do you get any buffering issues?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jeepers

Yes I did the bookmarking of the streams I Liked and maybe I was doing something wrong but it seemed I had to open the shoutcast files on my desktop computer and then manually enter them into my BB.

I don't have any buffering issues with the Mobiola Player but I have to tune in to the stations that are at the bitrate of 24 to 64 Kbps when I'm on the Edge data speed and turn on the wi-fi for the higher speeds.

I'd like to try it in the G data area when I can get into the area to see how it will work.

You can download a trial of the player to see how you like it and then buy if it does the job for you.

Thanks again..! 

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.