Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
neccleston62908
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Sim not allowed

Hey! Major problem and I am banging my head against a brick wall.

Basically I have just joined giffgaff. I have a bold 9900 unlocked and since joining it keeps saying sim not allowed. BUT when switching to 2G and doing a battery pull it works, but as soon as I select 3G it doesnt even after a battery pull and reset.

I have tried a full reset, replacing the software, other sims, reboots, manually selecting the network, checking coverage NOTHING is working. 

It is pretty pointless having a 3G phone and being able to use it only on 2G.

Had a nose to check for an old network lock thats all clear, Network within engineering settings is showing CDMA, ROM is NOT detected.

Platform 5.101622

7.1 bundle 2435c(v7.1.0.862

HELP!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Sim not allowed

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

So you are Giffgaff or Orange? Your profile here says Orange...

Regardless, please check with whoever it is about your specific BB device. Not all carriers support all specific BB models. In some cases where you use an unsupported (by the carrier) BB, you are limited to lower level services than if you use a fully supported BB model. But I do not know...only your carrier will know for sure.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
neccleston62908
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Hi

Thank you for getting back to me. I have just switched from Orange to giffgaff, silly me I should have registered saying carrier giffgaff.

I will get in touch directly with giffgaff and see what they have to say. But looking at the community forum there are a lot without problem with the same BB. 

I am hoping it is something simple and not a hardware problem.

Thanks again x

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I am hoping so too...good luck with Giffgaff!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.