Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
herbieskeete
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Since 14:25 Yesterday Only Two out of 50 Odd emails received and those two delayed by 15 hours

I am on the Vodafone network.  Since14:25 I have only received two e-mails out of 50 plus. Those two e-mails were delayed by more than 10 hours. All of our BlackBerries are also not receivinbg e-mail. We can make phone calls, access the web and send and receive text messages. Sending e-mails seem to work.

Vodafone have been their usual bumbling selves; not much help. And besides it ius the weekend and Vodafone thinks that their customers only need help 9 to 5, Monday to Friday.

We have one iPhone and one Samsung - also on Vodafone - where e-mail can be received and sent OK.

Now can two incompetent organisations - RIM and Vodafone - get their act together and sort this out?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mindspace
My Carrier: Orange UK/EE

Re: Since 14:25 Yesterday Only Two out of 50 Odd emails received and those two delayed by 15 hours

Sounds like a problem with the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES). The iPhone and Samsung will work fine as they don't rely on a BES.

Do Vodafone host this for you?

-------------------------------------
If my post is useful to you, please click 'LIKE'
If my post solves your issue, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Please use plain text.
Contributor
herbieskeete

Re: Since 14:25 Yesterday Only Two out of 50 Odd emails received and those two delayed by 15 hours

We don't use BES. MDaemon. Pop 3. Mail forwarded to BlackBerry Vodafone address. Worked for years. This has happened once before. Was a BlackBerry issue which took Vodafone ages to sort out. You cannot talk to RIM. They tell you talk to Vodafone. Vodafone is very very slow in diagnostics and fixing.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mindspace
My Carrier: Orange UK/EE

Ah OK. In one way that's slightly easier but the issue is definitely one that Vodafone need to resolve for you.

Have you tried contacting them via 191?

Failing that, go to one of their stores with an instore tech person and get irate until they get someone to sort it for you :Devil2:

-------------------------------------
If my post is useful to you, please click 'LIKE'
If my post solves your issue, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Please use plain text.
Contributor
herbieskeete

Unfortunately Vodafone support is Mon to Fri 08:00 to 17:00. I did manage to speak to someone today. They did their best to help. They couldn't. I have to put up with this until Monday and likely wait all day for them tosort out (as last time).

This is what Vodafone calls service.

Please use plain text.