Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Ankurkhurana
My Device: Bold 9780

Slowwwww Blackberry 9780 when searching or typing in a number

Hi All,

I recently started to have problems with my BB when I am trying to type in a contact name or even a number. If I start typing at the home screen, it takes literally 5-10 seconds before the device does anything, then the universal search comes up and the numbers start to appear.  I need to pause between every number I push to let it register, otherwise it misses it sometimes, and each pause is about 5 seconds, so it's quite annoying - it can take up to a minute just to type in a number.

Same issue when I am trying to type a name to call. It might have something to do with "indexing", because anytime I delete everything from the search bar it says "indexing.... Search results may be incomplete", so maybe it is slow because it is "indexing"? Thing is, it's been doing this for about 3 weeks now, how can I hurry this up?

Rogers

cpu is 99% free in application management, memory has 130 mb free (also in application management).

Do you also think it's this "indexing"? Between this and the "double keypress" issue, this phone is making me nutsos. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ankur

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Slowwwww Blackberry 9780 when searching or typing in a number

I have an idea!!

Pull your battery out while your phone is powered on then replace it a few seconds later.  What's causing this slowdown is beyond me, but my suggestion should get you going again.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.