Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
samgabbay
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

So Slowwww

[ Edited ]

i recently installed the newest update for my bold i cleared the log and i activated the memory cleaner and its still slow please help me

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: So Slowwww

Hello,

First -- deactivate the Memory Cleaner. It does not do what most people think (e.g., it is NOT a memory Defragmenter) and slows the BB down tremendously.

Second -- be patient...after a OS update, it can take some time for everything to resync, especially if you are a member of various BBM groups.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samgabbay

i will but i updated it like 10 days ago and its still slow any suggestion like full wipe or something to make it faster

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Please do deactivate the Memory Cleaner, and then perform a battery pull reboot. If things remain slow, then I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, then if the behavior ceases, then it's likely a matter of too many apps installed. Consider removing some.

If the behavior indeed continues in Safe Mode, then an on-device WIPE, a clean OS reload, and some other diagnostics may be in order.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samgabbay

the thing is that its not like so slow that im gonna die its just after the update it started to show the clock like all the time like the loading clock

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...so...OK...so then if it's OK, then you don't want to do anything about it now? I'm now quite confused about your situation as well as what you wish to do about it...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.