If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Ashraful
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Social feeds/BB Core apps - unavailable in Desktop Manager?

Hello everyone. I am having a bit of an issue with my Bold 9700 since upgrading to Os 6. (Details attached).

Career: Grameen phone (GP), Bangladesh

Desktop Manager: 6.0.1.18 (Released: 6 Dec 2010)

When I connect my BB to the desktop manager, under the 'Applications' tab it does not show any option to add/del/update the BB Core applications i.e. - BBM, factory installled games or any installed messengers (Gtalk, Msn etc). The only thing displayed are some games/apps I downloaded when I was still using os 5 (image attached).

Untitled.jpg

Also I want to add the 'Social feeds' and I understand that can only be done through the Desktop manager. But as illustrated above there is no option to do so.

Is this because I am running a OS that is not yet certified by my career? Or something else altogether? What would be the solution?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Ashraf

وأعتقد أن في واحد والله وحده
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andersonhsieh
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Social feeds/BB Core apps - unavailable in Desktop Manager?

Hi,

Did you find the solution? I also researched on the internet, but couldn't find any useful information.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jm312
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

This is the problem with Desktop Manager. It won't show the BB core apps now. To do this, you will need to open Loader.exe, a part of desktop manager separately. If you use a windows pc, here is how you do it:
For x86 systems:
C:/Program Files/Common Files/Reasearch In Motion/Apploader/Loader.exe
For x64 systems:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader/Loader.exe

Run it and choose your device, type in password if asked and then here you go, you got everything you want.

For BB6 updates in 9700, social feeds app and wireless music syns apps are not installed, also sometimes all the additional BB apps such as doc to go and games like brickbreaker are not installed, so we have to use loader.exe to do it. Loader.exe can also update your device and let's you choose which apps you would like to install or remove during the update process, which the dekstop manager now doesnot ask. So its better to use loader.exe for updating as well. As for updating to an Os not yet supported by your network, unless yu have any problem with your network, ie calls or internet, keep the latest Os as it offers you more.

All of this info and other guides for everything related to blackberry and more can be found at crackberry, google it and you'll get it.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Wasique
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: 3 UK

11.pngI have the same problem, and have tried your solution. unfortunately I couldn't find the social feed option when I tried it on loader.exe. Am I missing anything simple?? When i open loader.exe, it shows me a list of all my installed files, howeever the core apps or social feed is not included in that list

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Wasique
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: 3 UK

1.jpgI have the same problem, and have tried your solution. unfortunately I couldn't find the social feed option when I tried it on loader.exe. Am I missing anything simple?? When i open loader.exe, it shows me a list of all my installed files, howeever the core apps or social feed is not included in that list

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jm312
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

I guess you need to have the OS setup installed on your pc before you do this.

Download the Os update setup, install it. Go to the folder directory above and delete a file named "vendor.xml". The file is in the same folder as Loader.exe. This step is necessary if you are installing a leaked version or an update from a different network than you are using.

Now you should be able to see the BB core apps and the optional BB apps such as the social feed alongwith other optional apps.

Update us on the result. I think this should do it. The installed Os on the pc should be the same as the one installed on your phone.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
simonneutert
My Device: Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: 1und1

I did not work, would you be so kind and share the link to the os update with us please?

best,

simon

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jehdesai
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

i was stuck for hours,thanks for ur help
Please use plain text.