Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Software Update Frozen

I currently have the Blackberry Bold 9900. A few days ago a new icon appeared asking me to download the new software so today I decided to download it. I began the download 2 and a half hours ago and it has been stuck on 4%. Do I need wifi to complete this download as I did need it to begin the download.  I have done a battery pull but it just began the download again and is now stuck on 2%. Can anyone advise what I need to do and if I definitely need the wifi to download it.

I'm dying without my blackberry!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Classic

Re: Software Update Frozen

I see your carrier is O2? If so, it is odd that an icon came up offering an upgrade to OS 7.1 as O2 have not released OS 7.1 yet.  In fact very few carriers have released 7.1, only a few in the US.  So that may be the reason for the problems you are having.

My carrier is O2 UK and am still on OS 7.0.2406.  It is annoying that the carriers are taking so long to release OS 7.1 that RIM released in January.  But the system is that the carriers release the OS to us, not RIM, and the carriers need to test the OS, train their tech people and then release an upgrade.