Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
brews
My Carrier: MTN SOUTH AFRICA
Accepted Solution

Software update from 7.0 to 7.1

I recently got a Bold 9900 but it has a the 7.0 software. I am struggling to update to the 7.1 operating system. The web based process fails and always says no updates available. Please help!!!
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Software update from 7.0 to 7.1

1. Download the OS for the 9900 from here (its from a different carrier but that's OK:smileyhappy:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=8B6A80C3CF2CBD5F967063618DC5...

2. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

4. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brews

I have just tried that but it went through the process and its still 7.0. I even tried downloading the one from my network carrier but it still refuses.
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Did you delete the vendor.xml file as instructed? Do a search of your computer and delete every vendor.xml file you find. Then try it again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Check these locations:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brews

Thank you very much!!!!! It worked!!!! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.