Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
9790user
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange

Software update stuck at 'Reconnecting to JVM' - please help!

Hi. I plugged my 9790 into my PC to sync with desktop manager and was offered a software upgrade first. Desktop Manager loaded new software ok. The Device Software update started and the back up went fine. Software seemed to download ok but is now stuck during the install at 'Reconnecting to JVM'. It has been like this for hours. The screen of the 9790 shows the clock although a reminder message came up which I cancelled - now back to the clock. The text in the update window says that the device must not be disconnected during the update process as it might render it unusable.

I am a complete novice at this. Please can someone help? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
9790user
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Software update stuck at 'Reconnecting to JVM' - please help!

Sorry, should have said the current software version is 7.0 bundle 2487 and the update is 7.1 version 2039.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Hopefully you already have this resolved...if not, please post back as there are some tricks that we can provide.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
parthax
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my torch 9860...BBSAK and JI_Cmdr does not connect, so can't do a wipre from those...tried loading OS through Apploader and Desktop Manager as well but both gets stuck at Reconnecting to JVM...so when I boot the handset it loads till about 65% and then shows a white screen wihtout any message though.

Kindly advise

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You may also need the use of these tricks:

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
parthax

Hey Thanks,

I have done all that already....have reset it to factory and then reloaded the OS through apploader...still the same problem....

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh...sorry...you didn't say you'd already done that in your first post, so I had no way to know. Before we proceed, is there anything else you've already done? Please be detailed and explicit...we don't want to waste your time with further unknowingly redundant advice...

Thanks...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
parthax

Hello, I appreciate your patience.

Well pls find below what I have done yet:

1. Tried reloading through Apploader and Desktop Manager....that did not work.

2. Tried BBSAK and JL_CMDR to wipe the device that also din't work. BBSAK do not detect device and JL_CMDR does not wipe the system and quickly turns black without wiping the device.

3. Tried third party software to reset the device to factory reset, which worked but after that reloading OS din't work and stuck at reconnecting to JVM.

3. Tried force detection, that also din't work.

4. Tried apploader with USB:UNKNOWN PIN option to quickly click on load to bypass JVM, as mentioned in many of the posts...that also din't work

5. Tried apploader with /NOJVM option but that also din't work.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Thanks...the only problem in reading your good details is that it's rather impossible to know exactly what "didn't work" means. It could mean that you could not even launch whatever that option was, or it could mean that it launched but did not function correctly, or it could mean that it launched and functioned correctly but did not change your results...it's rather difficult to know which "didn't work" applies without further details.

But, given all that you say, I suspect that perhaps there may well be something more wrong...perhaps something at a hardware level for which no amount of OS/software level "fixes" can be of any value. As such, you may be best off seeking support from a qualified BB hardware technician to render for you a proper evaluation and estimate.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
parthax

Thanks, I thought so, it could be a hardware problem.

Please use plain text.