Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Super Contributor
00bunge00
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Software version 6.0 for Bold 9700

There is no such thing as an automatic upgrade, DTM should never force you. But yes, that link etc will work. But follow all instructions exactly!!
Please use plain text.
beezerblue
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Software version 6.0 for Bold 9700 - - - Major Headache!!!

I have been using blackberry's since their inception into the marketplace.  I completely agree with bizman on many points (minus the Bluetooth icon which can be found after searching a while in the tools folder).  I am having many of the same issues as bizman due to the platform being completely different and getting error messages now (Uncaught Exception Application net rim bb vvm (147) is not responding; process terminated) and constant messaging from phone alerting me to low amount of memory on the phone.  I believe the new 6.0 platform takes up a ton of memory as I have limited additional applications on my blackberry and the amount of Free Space on my phone constantly is fluctuating.  For example, this morning at 7am it told me I had 32.7MB free, at 10am I had 21.3MB free, and now at 1pm I have 13.3MB free.  It goes down as low as less than 1MB free and the phone starts to lock up.  This new 6.0 OS software in my opinion is weak, time consuming, confusing, hard to navigate due to the many extra steps, and is killing my ability to do business on a tool that has been the BEST way of doing business to date...that is until now.  I am disappointed and at the urging of many colleagues I may be forced to look at Droid options.  If RIM or anyone for that matter has any suggestions regarding the error message and memory issues I'm having, I would appreciate your help.  Thanks RIM for the mega headache!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
00bunge00
My Carrier: Vodafone

For the error message, I don't have a clue. Every operating system suffers from memory leaks, some greater than others! There is no way to stop this, the only solution is to do a daily reboot, or download an app like Quickpull which does a simulated battery pull at a preset time if your choice everyday, for example when your asleep!
Plus, every OS release is designed for the device it is released for. So for example, OS6 was designed for the Torch, but is also designed for the Bold and any other device that can have it! The are changed slightly to adjust to the speed and memory of that particular device! For example, you won't have as many features on the Bold as you do on the Torch, or on the Curve 9300 as you do on the Bold etc etc..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Alcatt
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Software version 6.0 for Bold 9700-junk

To Bizman 25, thanks for your well written criticism of the 6.0 software. Everything you say is right on.  I can't believe that they went backwards with this phone software.  I just upgraded yesterday and I've had to reboot the phone 3 times.  It locks up in the middle of texting and I frequently get the little spinning clock....how nice. The battery lasts about 10% of what it used to.  The fonts below the icons are so small my 15 year old nephew had to squint. None of this happened with Ver 5.  I had no idea that it was loading new software when I hooked in to my MacIntosh for the first time with BlackBerry tools.  I can't wait to go back to Version 5 and if I can't this phone will be going in the garbage where it belongs. Anybody who defends this software in this forum is obviously being paid to do it because its indefensible. Its simply junk.

AlCat

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
richmun
My Carrier: ATT

OMG am I SCREWED!  "Upgraded" also.  First calandar on device hosed.  Tried to make one way sync to device to correct but plugging in the BB causes auto sync w/o no way to chose one way sync.  Finally got that done and now the Desktop Software crashes EVERY FREEKIN TIME.

RIM HELP US!

Please use plain text.