05-12-2011 04:56 PM - edited 05-12-2011 05:20 PM
BB: 9780 Bold
1) How does the GPS device work on BB 9780?
Is it a physical device or a logical device? does it need to connect to internet or the BB network to function?
What are the specs of the GPS device if it is a physical one?
2) In 'maps' how do I change "my location" by accident I locked it on a wrong location and now want to change it.
3) I.E. BB app world does it connect to the internet or BB network?
4) What exactly does the BB network do? Is it just for ping or do other apps/functionalities connect to it? When does it use my wireless ISP and when does it use the BB network?
5) Is there some map app that can be used offline? the default map app seems to download all needed maps on the go .. since i have a 1Gb data limit I would like to use an offline version.
05-12-2011 05:18 PM
1. It is aGPS, in that it does receive assistance from the network connection for a faster "fix". I don't know if this GPS is physical or logical, but the GPS is standalone, and in fact your lat/long GPS location can be found in a the device with NO mobile network SIM card even in the device... just takes a while for the downloading/install of the ephimeral tables.
2. BlackBerry Maps? Start the GPS navigation > Menu > Find a location > Where am I?
3. Needs the mobile network to verify, but can connect by WiFi.
4. Your PIN and BBM messages and some other data flows over the BlackBerry Network. Honestly, I know there's more, I just don't know what.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code