Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

christylindsay
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Some of the problems with the Blackberry Bold 9900

• RIM have systematically made it impossible to wirelessly sync your calendar without purchasing add on services.
  • Syncing your phone via the USB wire with Outlook on a Mac is extremely buggy, with continual syncing errors, massive duplicated data in the calendar and contacts and occasional loss of all functions requiring a full reinstall of software.
  • Blackberry Desktop manager on a Mac is very buggy. At present it is telling me I have no music, no photos and 4.5 GB of mystery data on the phone, which isn’t true.
  • The Battery indicator is extremely inaccurate and it is impossible to tell how much talk time you have. But you can guarantee it’s not long.
  • When Wi-Fi is on. This interferes with your 3G signal, turning it off and sending all calls to your answer phone.
  • The center button is too close to the touch screen and this means you are continually accidentally phoning people when you press the center button, inadvertently, at the same time, tapping the touch screen with your thumb or finger.
  • When scrolling through your call list the phone has a tendency to call random numbers. I continually accidently phone people I have no intention of speaking too.
  • The phone has a tendency to hang up the person you are speaking to and phone someone else when you are in the middle of the call.
  • The phone has a tendency to put people on hold in the middle of a call
  • When you answer a call there is a slight delay between the call being answered and the person being able to hear you. Which means a lot of: “hello, hello, hello, can you hear me” before you can start the conversation.
  • The camera has to be held extremely still to take a good photo. The old Blackberry 9700 had a much better camera.
  • The phone is generally buggy, it freezes about 2 times a week, it shows unopened messages when there are none, it loses complete reception when my partner’s identical phone has all its bars and visa versa all of which need a full reset with the removal of the battery.
  • On average I take out the battery and do a full reset at least once a day.

I would like to think this is a faulty devises but my partner has the same phone and has the exact same problems. I would not recommend this blackberry to anyone, unfortunately we are stuck with them for another year and a half on our business contracts.

Please use plain text.