Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Folo
My Device: 9790

Some problem in my phone

I have a BlackBerry 9790 that I purchased only 10 months ago from Axiom Telecom here in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.  The cover/slide that holds the SIM card in it has broken and when I contacted Axiom Telecom they stated that the motherboard needed to be replaced.  I believe that all I need is a new SIM cover/slide and think that a whole motherboard replacement is not needed.  The phone works well, just the SIM card is not secure.  Is there a way to order just this part.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Some problem in my phone

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

There may be resources for you to order just the part you suspect you need...but you still will have to get it installed. In any event, cnn.cn often carries many parts that others don't carry.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Folo

Ok, but now what can I do.

Who is in the right side .. The company or me ?

They said .. they will change motherboard .. it's unfair

I'm waiting your help
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Since you read the links I gave you, you know that I am just like you -- a user, but I just happen to volunteer time here. I don't work for BlackBerry, your carrier, your reseller, or anyone else who might be involved. Further, I've not seen your device, so I have no way to render you any kind of evaluation whatsoever (impossible to do at an internet-distance). I'm also not a repair shop, so I can't tell you if what they propose is accurate or not based on the issues as you've described them. Lastly, I am not a party to any of the contracts involved here, so I cannot tell you "who is in the right side"...that is a contractual matter between you and the other party to the contract.

So, all I can suggest is this. If you don't trust those who have so far given you an opinion, then seek opinions from others. But, note carefully that, based on what you've said here, I would recommend you trust only opinions from those who have actually had the device in their hands so as to give you a proper evaluation and estimate.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Folo

Thank you sdgrande , but I need a help now, because I have problem with the company !
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I am not explaining myself correctly. I have no idea what company you have a problem with. But it is irrelevant anyway...no one here, in this user-to-user community, can help you with that. We don't work for that company (whatever company it is). You must follow your contractually required escalation procedures, whatever they are, to try and seek the attention you need. Whatever your contract says is what you must do. And no one here can tell you what your contract says.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Folo

The question is, Can BlackBerry Company make The cover/slide that holds the SIM card in it . Or just they make a motherboard !
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I have no way to know the answer to that question, for the exact reasons that I've previously stated.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.