Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: vodafone

Some problems

Phone: BB9700Bold
Firmware: 6.6.0.207

My BB has the following issues:
1 (no week): the calendar in monthly view, do not show the numbers of the week
2 (silent): when I make a call before the called party to answer, if I move the speaker icon with the trackball, select the icon moves by itself after a few moments of "dumb". Also, if by chance confirm the selection of the mute is no longer possible after the microphone. The only way to reactivate the micorfono and close the phone and call.
3 (menu items): How come the same function is shown in a different way? In particular, to send a text message saying the menu under the heading "send sms" messages, but says "Compose a text message."
4 (update the phone book): How come you can not add a phone number to an existing name in the directory?

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Some problems

[ Edited ]
  1. Do you mean as in week 1, week 2, etc., ? I don't know.
  2. I don't understand. Dumb?
  3. In order to give you access to those items from different menus. It's indeed odd it's called 'text' in one place and 'sms' in another, but honestly, users out there do call it both, interchangeably
  4. You can, in later OS releases, but not in yours. Sorry. Look in AppWorld for a third party app called "AddToContacts".

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: vodafone

1. Yes, in the 5.x release there are the week's number, but in the 6.x release there aren't. The view of a weeks it's very convenient, dor example, to plannig every kind of activy.

2.Sorry, the icon is "mute" not  "dumb". When I select "Speacker" before the called's answer, the lighting move automatically in the "mute" position. I have found this problem in my both 9700 phones.  

3. Yes, every menu list unfortunately have a diffent mode to call the same function. This happen in italian language, so for example when you want ti send an sms.This isn't a problem, but make apper dirty the menu.

4. What a pity.

Thank.

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

3. No big deal

4. How is it pitiful, the app works great, I've used it for several years.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code