Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Althor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Somehow the email I use to send a message with gets changed to a different email address at the receiving end

I am really confused.  I recently deleted an email account and now when I send an email with the remaining account on my bb the message leaves under one account but the receiving end get the email from the deleted account.

I have checked the service books to see if there are any books related to the old account and the answer is no.  I have resent the Service Books and still end up with the same result

Any help is appreciated

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Somehow the email I use to send a message with gets changed to a different email address at the receiving end

How odd.  Try a battery pull first and check the default services on the device.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB11471&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

You could also try removing the other email account from the device and readd.

To readd, from the device go to blackberry.com/integrate

You can also manage your email accounts from

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=rogers

Re: Somehow the email I use to send a message with gets changed to a different email address at the receiving end

Thanks, I have tried all off the above suggestions and still the same issue.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Can you readd the old email account and then remove it?

If it still doesn't work you can take it to the store or give rogers a call.  Another option is to reload the software on the device.  Save the software reload for last because its an extreme fix!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Thanks Wolf359

It turned out to be an issue with Hotmail grabbing a deleted account alias.  

Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.