If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
leviowen
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Sorry to post another...

Battery problem which appears to be the same as everyone else's although...

When I first got my 9700 I did as required, charged the thing for a whole day pretty much before using it.

A few days ago I whacked it on charge and went to sleep. When I woke up the whole phone was at an unbelievably high temperature and had stopped charging and had no battery left and shut itself down.

I had to wait for ages whilst the thing cooled down then I put it back on charge....

I thought nothing of it for some reason and carried on with my business. After fully charging it again I went out and about as you do. Around 4 hours later after that fully charge again the battery had completely drained... 

Now this is becoming a daily event for me. Getting a mere 6 hours out of it. Using it for texting and emailing only. Turned WiFi off and everything.

Im not a genius but I think I may need a new battery. I am very careful to turn off all applications when I've used them using the menu > close feature.

I'm stuck and wondered what to do!?

Thanks in advance, Jamie.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Sorry to post another...

A high temp could have killed it possibly, If you get a new battery and it lasts like it did before then you know what the issues is. Troubleshooting it can tough with a second battery. Sounds like a new battery is needed but testing is needed too.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leviowen
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

How weird, it seems fine now. I don't get it :smileysad:

Thanks for the reply though, I'm still heavily in warranty so I'll sit it out for a bit. See what happens!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
FA1SGL
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Personally, I would look at the wall charger being suspect.  It is supposed to transform your line voltage to the proper input for the battery.  It sounds like it might have failed.  Wall chargers are relatively inexpensive.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Please use plain text.