Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
cgrevephilips
My Carrier: Verizon

Sortware Update issues

I've just installed the latest software update on the Bold 9650 and now the device isn't recognized by the Blackberry Desktop software.  I've tried all of the Troubleshooting tips and nothing is working.  Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Sortware Update issues

Have you rebooted your computer?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cgrevephilips

Yes, I've disconnected and re-connected the Blackberry, rebooted the computer and re-selected the Blackberry as the device.  Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

See if this helps:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB00125
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cgrevephilips

Hi John,

Thanks for the links to potential solutions.  I've tried some of them but the choices are not available.  It may be that since this is a networked computer I'll have to restart as an Administrator and try again.  I'll let you know.

Carol

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cgrevephilips

Hi John,

I've tried the suggestions on the table from Blackberry but if the options were available they haven't fixed the problem. (Some options like seeing the Blackberry on the USB dropdown menu aren't showing up.) 

The desktop software shows the Blackberry on the dropdown list but won't connect.  I've uninstalled the software and reinstalled it to no avail.

Thanks, anyway.  I'll turn it over to IT next week and see if they can get it synchronized.

Best.

Carol

Please use plain text.