Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Sound for Contact not working for Text Messages in Bold 9700

I have several contacts with specified individual ringtones for them different than the default profile ringtone- both call ringtone and message alert ringtone.  All of my ringtones are factory-installed.  All ringtones work when I use the 'TRY IT' function on the my Bold 9700.  Until recently, these individual ringtones worked perferctly.

Recently (within the last month?), the contact-specific alert ringtone for text messaging is not working.  The contact-specific call ringtone does work.  It does not matter what profile I choose, the text message alert ringtone does not change from the default message alert ringtone. I have edited the contact and changed ringtones, saved, rebooted but the default text alert ringtone is all that will play. 

My current system is 6.0 bundle 2342 (v6.0.526 Platform 6.6.0.195), system software 6.0.0.  I am constrained by IT policy where general encryption is enabled. 

Thanks for any help.  I really would like to be alerted when key contacts text me.

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Sound for Contact not working for Text Messages in Bold 9700

Hello mooreke3

Welcome to the forums. 

Were you recently added to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server? Did this work in the past while you were on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server? You can try clearing your Sound Profiles database and then setup the notifications again and test to see if the correct your issue. Have a look at the below article to see how to clear this database.

How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone

Let us know how you make out. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Yes I have been an enterprise user with working designated ringtones for specific contacts .  If you are asking if my enterprise server recently changed, I am unaware of any changes.   The specific ringtones work for incoming calls, but now only default profile sounds work for text messaging.

My enterprise policy will not allow sounds to be deleted (the sounds category was ghosted out) using the desktop software so I was unable to try that solution.

New Contributor

I discovered that the contact specific ringtones do work on another sound profile (Medium works, Normal does not) so

I must have inadvertently changed some text messaging notification setting.  Any ideas where I should look?