Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Cisco26844
My Device: BB BOLD 9000

Sound prob on bold 9000

Bold 9000 has suddenly stopped sounding when calls received and for daily alarm. Volume on max and when ring tones tested they sound OK. All else seems to be OK but silent..profile set to loud and vibrate  and incoming texts 'sound' OK.

Any idea what problem is.  I guess I must have accidentally switched something off. Been using for years with no probs

Thanks for any help

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Sound prob on bold 9000

Try this -

When you device is POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery. This make a reboot to your device which resolves minor issues with the BlackBerry device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
Cisco26844

Good idea but just tried this twice.....no difference... with profile on loud incoming call still does not give 'ring' on device but incoming call message appears on screen.

Many thanks anyway.

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

What were you doing on your phone when last time your device ringed properly?

You can two things -

1. Back up your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software and have a security wipe. To do that go to Options > Security > Security Wipe > type in 'blackberry' (without quotation mark). Again make sure that you have to take back up because this will erase all the data.

2. If that doesn't work then consider updating/reinstalling your device OS.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
Cisco26844

Hi. Have backed up.   However when I go to options then security there is no  ' security wipe ' option So can't go any further.

have tried to update but get 'not enough memory' message.

how would I reinstall O.S ?

thanks