Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Space Bar quits working

I just received a new Bold 9900.

I have installed all updates. My space bar keeps becoming non responsive. While typing texts, e-mails and BBM the space bar will just stop working. If I do a full power shut down and restart it will start working but then half way through typing it will just quit again. This is very ititating. Please advise,

Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Space Bar quits working

1. A "fullpower sut down" etc., does nothing for a BlackBerry. Doing so does NOT clear glitches or OS bugs. Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

2. If the space key persists in not working, and the device is new, return it for a replacement. You don't need a bad space key on a new device. Get a warranty replacement.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Ok I will contact Telus as I followed your instructions and I still have problem.

Thanks,

My Carrier: Vodacom

My phone is brand new, only 2months old.  My space bar only works sometimes.  I am really disappointed in Blackberry!  This is my third Blackberry and I had problems with all of them.  I am paying alot for this Bold and its giving me problems already.  I am going to give it in for repairs but I think this will be my last Blackberry ;(

Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

A bad key like that is often a result of moisture problems.

It sounds like what I have seen multiple times on a device with moisture damage.
Even sitting on a bathroom counter during a hot steamy shower or bath, a gym locker or sweaty running pant's pocket can cause keyboard and trackpad problems UNTIL properly dried out. It really is more common than you think.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code