Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: bold9900
My Carrier: bell canada

Space bar always adds period even when you dont want it too

[ Edited ]

My blackerry bold 9900 is acting up and is getting worse.  I have never droped or missused my phone. everytime i hit the space bar it put a period in .  it is making it imposible to send messages and emails.  I need this for work.  My wifes is doing the same thing, she also has the bold 9900.  Has this happened since we updated the latest update???????

please please help.

current version 7.1.0 bundle 2840

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Space bar always adds period even when you dont want it too

I know there is a feature to add the period when you double tap space, so maybe the phone thinks you double tap the space bar. Don't have a bold anymore so I can't test this but almost positive you can remove the feature from the settings. Open up the settings page and find the settings for keyboard. There should be an option for "Period shortcut" or something similar, try turning it off and then try typing a message.

thank you i will give this a go, and get back to you

okay found a setting for keyboard sensitivity, it was set to fast.  set to medium to slow, and seems to have helped.  will monitor for a while.  I did not find anything to disable the period space bar.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Well that's unfortunate, could of sworn there was a setting for it but maybe I'm wrong. On the BB10 phones, it has a setting for the period. Hopefully the keyboard sensitivity change has helped though, if I find where the setting for the period shortcut I will let you know. I have a bold at home I can power on to see if it exists.

thanks