Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Spam

Hi

i am a Bold user and on Vodafone

I have a server which does have a spam filter and also block additional spam in my e mails on my PC

BUT

MY blackberry receives inoridiante amounts of Spam-I understand that my PC filter will not help but is there any way I can train e mails coming into my phone to be cut out or registered as spam?

the only thing i have manged to do is createa spam folder for filing post receipt but that is not wehat i want-i want to cut down the volume of spam being rreceived

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Spam

Hello,

What you need to do is talk to your email service provider. If they can initiate a SPAM filter that blocks the item before it arrives to the server Inbox, then it can be kept from the BB. But, if their filter works after the items arrive to the Inbox, then there is a high chance that the item will be pushed to your BB before the server-based filter moves it.

The only thing you can do on your BB itself is institute filters:

• KB28151 How to add a filter from the BlackBerry smartphone for a BlackBerry Internet Service account

You must do this totally manually, figuring out for yourself what can be used as the filter triggers. If, for example, your email service places a [SPAM] or other label into the subject line but leaves the items in your Inbox, you could use that as your trigger to prevent those items from coming to the BB (assuming, of course, that the label is applied to the subject line BEFORE the item ever arrives to the server Inbox).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for your help
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: none

I just got Z10... registered my Blackberry ID.. didn’t install my sim or give any details about my current phone number and within hours received the following spam message to my old phone!

From.. +49  160 4213496

“BLACKBERRY UK.

Your Cell No. have Won 810,000.00 Pounds.PAYMENT NO.S115G.For claims send Name,Mobile No. to this Email:

blackberrydept@live.com

How is this possible? Did Blackberry share this information? And how would they find my current phone number?