Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
dfa1977
My Device: Not Specified

Spinning Clock

Greetings fellow innovators. I've had my BBBold9k for about 3 days now - via Rogers in Canada. everything has been superb with it thus far EXCEPT this morning i started getting a 'spinning clock' that keeps flashing on my main screen and it's causing some level of 'jogging' when typing emails etc. was wondering if anyone has encountered this issue yet and what i might do about it. 

the only additional software i've installed is the facebook app for blackberry. perhaps that's the problem. i should know better than to add an app for children on a grown-up phone! :smileysurprised: i can't figure out how to uninstall that and i can't do i through my desktop manager.

insights and help perciated.

thank you.  

Contributor
jikpeme
My Device: Blackberry 9000 Bold

Re: Spinning Clock

I have seen that black spinning clock in the middle of the screen. The only item I have downloaded is Google map. The spin stopped after approximately one minute.
New Contributor
dfa1977

yeah, i'd seen it a little bit but it's just going and going and going. took it back to the store and i'm exchanging it for a new one. who's going to start keeping track of the involuntary consumer de-bugging efforts? :smileywink:
New Contributor
dalishious

That is happening to me to it use to hardly happen and now that is what it does all day long and I think that my battery is dieing faster because of the constant spinning clock and I do not know how to stop it.  It is a hassle because every time I want to you something on the phone or even just looking at the phone to get the time the Spinning clock is always there.  The BlackBerry Blod 9000 is a good phone but that is starting to get a little irritating.  I had the phone almost 3 weeks know and this the second time major problem I had.  The first problem was a defective battery.  If this "spinning clock" issue can be fixed please post.  The information would be extremely helpful.
New Contributor
dalishious

By the way, after reading each post and doing as they stated. The "Spinning Clock" remains in ideal and non-ideal mode
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Try resetting the device, take out the battery for 1 minute, and put it again, let me know.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
dalishious

It works.  Thank you for your help.  You help make my day that much easier.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Please mark the thread was solved for you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor
jtran58

Hi there

I got the same problems plus Email Icon keep dropping out of my AT&T Bold, contact AT&T tech support and they transfer me to Black berry direct support, gentleman name Ricardo from Black berry support help me out and told me that if I install facebook will cause the O/s to hangup and Email will not push and Icon will be gone. We delele the facebook and resend the service book and everything working fine with ny Bold now.

He mention we have be verycarefull with the 3rd parties App.

Good luck 

New Contributor
andrewah
My Device: Q10

that only momentarily solves the issue, the issue always persists and i've found with time it just keeps getting worse and worse. It will go from a spinning clock for a few seconds, to a few minutes, to an hour and I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it.