Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Trigcom Oslo
Accepted Solution

Spotify failure

Hi

A little while ago i bought a new Blackberry, the 9900 model. It runs as smooth as anything, and I am only having one small concern; the Spotify app I downloaded won´t work. I have tried to delete it and re-download it over and over, and it still won`t work. I have a Premium account, and when I access it from my computer, it works perfectly fine. The problem appears when access it from the phone. I type in the username and password, and press login. The animation that is supposed to show progress appears, but then nothing happens. The internet-connection marker in the top right corner appears and disappears again, but the progress-animation won´t go away. It is terribly annoying, and I was hoping that there was an easy solution to this problem. I have not yet tried to reset the entire software, but I have done pretty much everything else in my power to solve this problem. Thank you!

Super Contributor
My Device: Passport | Z30 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Spotify failure

When you installed the app, did you allow all of the permissions requested?
New Contributor

Yes, but not the Blackberry messenger request. Do you think that´s where the problem lies? 

Super Contributor

I think I found your issue. The description on the Spotify website and BB App World state the devices that it's compatible with - the 9900 isn't one of them! I'm not sure how you managed to download it to your 9900?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Neither am I. Well, that´s annoying, but thanks anyway! 

Super Contributor

No problem. Cheers.