Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Start/Stop receiving emails

Hello,

I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 and I have a few problems:

1. I want to start and stop receiving email. I want to be able to activate receiving messages when I can't use my computer and when I use my computer I want to stop receiving email on my phone.

2. I don't know how to set "call waiting".

3. I can only see the first page of the attachments. How can I see all the pages!?

My instruction manual is not very helpful.

Thank you and I am waiting your answers.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Start/Stop receiving emails

1. Are you setup using a BIS account (personal email) or on a BES (corporate email)? If you're using BIS you can log onto your carrier's BIS website and go ino the Filters section of the account and set the filter to DO Not Forward Messages. If you're on a BES you can go into Messages | Options | Email Settings and set the Send Email to Handheld to No
  2. The only setting for call waiting is either Yes/No on the device. You can find that by hitting the green call button. From in this screen hit the menu button and choose Options. From there you can set the call waiting. As long as the setting is set to Yes, then if you're on another call when a second call comes in, thenyou will be propmted on the device if you want to take the other call or not. If you choose yes, then your first call will be placed on hold while you answer the second call.
  3. What type of attachments are you viewing? Are you opening the attachements or downloading them?
  4. The following site is useful for learning a lot about the Bold's features
    http://www.stinsonddog.com/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Thank you for your answers!

1. I am using a BES account but on email settings i don't have "send email to handheld".

2. I found the call waiting, thank you.

3. I am just opening them and they are mainly pdf.

Elite I

Once you go into Email Settings make sure the "Message Services" at the top is set to Desktop then look for the Send Email to Handheld option. If it's still missing you can try deleting and restoring the CMIME service book. So you can go into Options | Advanced Options | Service Book. Find and delete the Desktop[CMIME} book. Afterwards go back to the main screen and wait about 1-2 mins. Afterwards you can go back into the service book screen, hit the menu button and choose Undelete. Doing so will bring back the CMIME book. Afterwards wait 1-2 mins and check the Email Settings screen again. If that doesn't work your IT department can push out new service books from the BES.

Depending on how big the PDF is you have a few choices. I'm looking at one now that's about 100 pages. If I'm remembering correctly the BlackBerry only downloads 32kb at a time. So with a PDF you have a few ways to view it. If you hit the menu button you can choose between viewing it as Text, or Both (both text and images). If you're viewing as text you can just keep scrolling down to see more. If you viewing both you can use the 'N' and 'P' keys to go to the next and previous pages respectively. Or you can hit the menu button and choose Prev Page or Next Page. If you're viewing as Text, you can hit the menu button and choose More to download more of the attachment to view it. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

I have another problem, after I call someone I receive the following error: java.lang.NullPointerException.

Do you have any idea what this error is about!?

Elite I

Does it happen for both incoming and outgoing calls? Have you tried resetting the device by removing the battery and seeing if the same thing happens? If not remove the battery for 30 seconds. After the device reboots see if the same thing happens.