04-28-2009 08:18 AM
I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 and I have a few problems:
1. I want to start and stop receiving email. I want to be able to activate receiving messages when I can't use my computer and when I use my computer I want to stop receiving email on my phone.
2. I don't know how to set "call waiting".
3. I can only see the first page of the attachments. How can I see all the pages!?
My instruction manual is not very helpful.
Thank you and I am waiting your answers.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-28-2009 09:45 AM
04-28-2009 10:07 AM
Thank you for your answers!
1. I am using a BES account but on email settings i don't have "send email to handheld".
2. I found the call waiting, thank you.
3. I am just opening them and they are mainly pdf.
04-28-2009 10:34 AM
Once you go into Email Settings make sure the "Message Services" at the top is set to Desktop then look for the Send Email to Handheld option. If it's still missing you can try deleting and restoring the CMIME service book. So you can go into Options | Advanced Options | Service Book. Find and delete the Desktop[CMIME} book. Afterwards go back to the main screen and wait about 1-2 mins. Afterwards you can go back into the service book screen, hit the menu button and choose Undelete. Doing so will bring back the CMIME book. Afterwards wait 1-2 mins and check the Email Settings screen again. If that doesn't work your IT department can push out new service books from the BES.
Depending on how big the PDF is you have a few choices. I'm looking at one now that's about 100 pages. If I'm remembering correctly the BlackBerry only downloads 32kb at a time. So with a PDF you have a few ways to view it. If you hit the menu button you can choose between viewing it as Text, or Both (both text and images). If you're viewing as text you can just keep scrolling down to see more. If you viewing both you can use the 'N' and 'P' keys to go to the next and previous pages respectively. Or you can hit the menu button and choose Prev Page or Next Page. If you're viewing as Text, you can hit the menu button and choose More to download more of the attachment to view it.
05-13-2009 11:11 AM