Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Syavi9780
My Device: Bold 9780

Starting my Blackberry

Hi BlackBerry Users,

I'm currently having trouble turning on my BlackBerry. By that I mean,when I start my phone after plugging out the battery...It processes but when the white line is almost full,my blackberry turned off again and won't turn on. What do you guys think? Should I bring it to a service centre or is there any way I can repair it myself? 

Thank you! 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Starting my Blackberry

Hello Syavi9780

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you recently installed any application before this Problem started ? Think carefully any new application , theme , wallpaper or any recent app update !

If you have then try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options > Device > Application Manegement > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB10040 : How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

If above fails and you're unable to boot on safe mode , then you should try to reload the device OS , for help you can refer to those Knowledge Base , but please note those mehods will delete all user data within that device .

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Syavi9780

Hi There Prince2012,

I really appriciate your help and guidance to solve my Blackberry. However,the problem to it is that My BlackBerry won't finish loading until it finishes. Maybe by the time the white line reaches half of the process my BlackBerry will shutdown for no reason...And when I repeat it again by taking out the battery and putting it back...My Blackberry repeats the same thing again. Do you have any idea wether it's my Battery's fault or my Phone itself?  

Thank you so much for your help! x

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Syavi9780

Thanks ! I understand your situation ..

How old is your BlackBerry Battery ? If you believe that the problem is within your Battery then first try to arrange a Good battery from any of your friend or just test with a new battery from your service provider before buying a NEW . If reboot stops after using another good Battery  then you can simply order a new battery and it will resolve your problem .

But if issue reoccurs even after using a Good battery then : as I advice you should first try the Safe Mode method and if that fails then you have to try those two methods I suggested to reload the OS which I hope will definetely resolve your issue unless it is a hardware issue.

So ,please try those and hope for the best :smileyhappy:

Good luck and keep us updated . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Syavi9780

Hey Prince2012,

My BlackBerry Battery is about 2-3 years. Thank you so much for the kind help! I will try to fix the problem by your suggestion and keep you updated!

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Syavi

Well .. if your Battery is about 2-3 yrs old then most probably you may need a new Battery . 

Good luck .

Please use plain text.