Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
mendozaaaaa
My Device: 9900
Accepted Solution

Startup freezes 3/4 , can't fix it

[ Edited ]

i've reading a lot of posts about this issue however i can't fix it.
I've tried to re-install the os through Blackberry Device software, the recent os , hasn't worked.
I've tried downgrading the os, hasn't worked.
It stills keeps loading at the startup screen at 3/4
The phone was with full memory , with no extra apps,  only whatsapp.
i've also tried to reboot the phone without the memory card (micro sd) and still no solution...
Can anyone help me please? thanks!

edit: 9900 bold 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Startup freezes 3/4 , can't fix it

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

You may also want to attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. If you successfully get it into Safe Mode, then it remains some 3rd party app that is the cuplrit.

You may also want to investigate the use of BBSAK (bbsak.org) to perform the wipe it is capable of.

You may also want to try this procedure to perhaps narrow down the precise causal item:

1. Load your OS "bare bones"...if anything is optional, do not install it.
  2. If the behavior presents immediately, then try a different OS with step 1
  3. If the behavior does not immediately present, then run for as long as it takes for you to be sure that the behavior will not present.
  4. Add one thing -- no matter how tempting, just one.
  5. If the behavior does not present immediately, then again run for long enough to be sure it will not have the same problem
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all things are loaded or the behavior presents

When the behavior presents, you know the culprit...the last thing you loaded.

If the behavior does not re-present, then you know that either step 1 or 2 cured it.

If the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mendozaaaaa

[ Edited ]

I JUST FREAKING LOVE YOU MAN! 
it worked! however is there any way to "fix" you know that loading issue in order to not to be afraid of reboting the device?

thanks again man!!!!

p.s: it says inside built media with damage? maybe here is the problem , i tried to fix it with the blackberry program that is in the os , however it still says error...

hardware problem?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

mendozaaaaa wrote:

I JUST FREAKING LOVE YOU MAN! 

Oh! You've made my day! Thanks! But...

mendozaaaaa wrote:

it worked!

I recommended what, 4 or 5 different things? Which one is "it" for you?

mendozaaaaa wrote:

however is there any way to "fix" you know that loading issue in order to not to be afraid of reboting the device?

Again, not knowing what "it" was for you, I can't answer that...maybe when I know what "it" is, I can answer...

mendozaaaaa wrote:

p.s: it says inside built media with damage? maybe here is the problem , any way to fix it?

Unfortunately, not knowing the exact error message you are seeing, I must guess...here's a few guesses...see if any are useful:

• KB26025 “Built in media storage not accessible due to detected errors. Would you like to repair?" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB14745 "Memory card contains error, please use disk checking utility on computer" appears on the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone

If the problem is a Media Card, that's easily handled by a) making sure you have a copy, on your PC, of all that data and b) replacing the card.

But, if the problem is Device Memory and the above KB does not help, then there is something physically wrong inside the BB, and no amount of software or OS can help, and there is no access to that in order to replace it. Only complete device replacement can then help. But, such should never be diagnosed at an internet-distance...only a qualified hardware technician with the device in their hands can provide a proper diagnosis.

One thing you should do, given what you've described and the probable fragility of your situation, is get a solid backup of your BB...here's a process:

1. If you are not on BBM7, conduct an on-device Backup of your BBM Contacts to either Device or Media Card Memory
    • KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list
  2. Via Mass Storage Mode (which allows you to treat your BlackBerry device as a USB storage device on your computer), copy the entire contents of your Device and Media Card Memory areas to your computer
    • KB11879 What is mass storage mode
    • Note that if you have Content Protection/Encryption active, the files you copy to your computer will only be usable on the original BlackBerry device on which the encryption was enabled...neither your computer nor a different BlackBerry device will be able to use these files.
  3. Using the Desktop Software, conduct a full backup of your BlackBerry device to your computer
    • The Desktop Software is available via this link
    • KB12487 How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows
    • KB18776 Back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data on a Mac computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software
    • KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list
    • Be sure to take careful note of the folder, on your computer, into which the backup file is stored
    • Note that the backup file (either .BBB or .IPD, depending on the version of the RIM Desktop Software you use) is of a proprietary format, intended solely to be used as the source of restore to a BlackBerry device...there are, however, 3rd party apps that can parse and present the file to you, on your computer, in "human readable" format.
  4. Make sure 100% that you know your BlackBerry ID / AppWorld credentials, including any case sensitivity, special characters, etc. If your BlackBerry ID is associated to an email account that you can only access via your BlackBerry device, this would be a good time to change that...if needed, password reset emails ARE NOT delivered to the BlackBerry device under any circumstances.
    • KB32514 How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on a BlackBerry smartphone
  5. Make/update a manual inventory of all apps you have obtained from other than AppWorld, including source code (e.g., URLs, ALX files, etc.) and any license or activation keys required. AppWorld retains the ability to reinstall all of your AW acquired apps, but there is no way to know if your other app sources do the same.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mendozaaaaa

Even though it worked, is dead again... well not dead but still loading... 
It seems it's a hardware problem. Imma go and give to the Technician a try if its not working... ima try to sell it or something idk for replacements...
Anyways thanks a lot mate! I really apreciate your help!
Keep doing like this!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Sadly, I still do not know which item that I earlier provided temporarily helped you...but that's really no matter I suppose, especially since it has now failed again. I do hope you were able to take a backup before it failed again, but it seems you've not read what I provided there. Hopefully a technician will be able to the help you.

Good luck.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.