Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Stopping import/synchronization of contacts

Hi,

I just got a new Bold 9900, and set it up with 3 email accounts (hotmail, gmail, and my school's email).  When I set up the accounts, I chose to not import any contacts.  I have since double checked this under email setup to make sure they are not being synchronized.

However, when I compose a message on my phone, a list of "contacts" appears as I type - so if I start with an "M", a list of contacts that start with M appear underneath.  My problem is that some of these are not contacts I have specifically added on the blackberry (i.e. they are from my other email accounts), and others are not even contacts, but merely people who have sent me an email once before (such as a company I once bought a product from).

I know this isn't a huge problem, but it is really bothering me, and I think it's a bit strange to see a list of people who are not on any contact list I have.  I had a Curve for 3 years until now, and never had this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Stopping import/synchronization of contacts

Hey silvershore09,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

When you are emailing someone it will pre-populate anyone you have previously emailed from your BlackBerry when you start to type, this is by design.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for your reply, I figured no one was going to. They aren't people I have emailed on my blackberry - they are people I have emailed once from my email account on the computer. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hello Silvershore09,

Go into your Address book Options, check each contact list listed for the total number of contacts.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!