Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
nouturn4
My Device: Bold 9790

Storage photos on blackberry bold 9790

Hello everyone, at first sorry for my english. 

I need some help with my new Blackberry Bold 9790. Until yesterday i was able to take and save my videos and photos, but today i can't. Nor photos neither videos were saved after been taken.
In the camera's opition on the section "storage" the option "device" is unavailable. 
Can anyone tell me how to fix it? 

Giacomo

New Contributor
nouturn4

Re: Storage photos on blackberry bold 9790

Edit: I can see the files if i connect my bb to my computer in the right folders (camera and videos), but why i can't in the device?!?!
New Contributor
linviki
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790 (Bellagio)

I am having the same issues as well. Since I downloaded a free weather application called "weather app" from blackberry world application, I can't access my pictures nor my screenshot.

At first, the weather application asked me to save my home cities for the weather forecast, then it directly changes my wallpaper to the weather forecast page. Finally, when I try to change the wallpaper again, I just found that my pictures folder has no pictures in it.

In fact, when I try to search the pictures using the explorer, I am able to find all of the pictures I had inside the pictures folders which is the same folders that I saved into. however, I cannot access it via media folders.

In addition, when I try to capture a picture using the camera, it saved into my built in memory, however, I only can access it via the explorer that I mentioned before and not with the media files.

Please someone tell me how to fix it, I will really appreciate it.

For info, My blackberry is bellagio 9790 without external media installed in. and its 2 months old without many pictures saved. so Its not because of too many pictures or no memory spaces in it.

New Contributor
nouturn4

Hi linviki,
I managed to fix this only with a master reset. I think the problem is the weather app too, couse i downloaded the some one before the mess. I repeat, i think there's no solution but a wipe... Hope i helped u
New Contributor
linviki

could you tell me how I can find the master reset?

Thanks in advance,

New Contributor
nouturn4

In the options of ur phone, choose "security", and then "security wipe". Don't need to delete the apps too (of course delete the wheater app). You are going to lose all ur data, so make a complete beckup before
New Contributor
azhary
My Device: BOLD 9790

I'm having the same issues too. Since I downloaded a free weather application called "weather app" from blackberry world application, I can't access my pictures nor my screenshot!
I tried "security wipe" to wipe up all downloads apps.., but it still don't solve my problem. Could anybody help me pleaseeee!
AdrBlack
New Contributor
linviki

Hi,

I had this issue before and I did many things to my bellagio as well. There are 2 alternative ways that you can do to fix the problem. The first option, you can try to wipe both your data and your applications in your device, with a backup first of course, using the security wipe in the option menus. Remember that you can't wipe the application only. And then do not reinstall the application ever again or you will be in the same situation.

However, the second option is more preferable since it is not require data wiping and the good thing is you can keep the application. When the "weather app" application is installed and run in the device, it somehow changes your user file to be in hidden status. You can try to access this file from files manager in the application folder. Open up your files manager --> file folders --> device --> home --> user (hidden). When the user file is hidden, your media can't access your photos, videos, etc from your built in memory. Thus, this file needs to be unhidden. Unfortunately, you can't simply unhidden the file via properties in your device. But, you need to connect your device to your computer and perform unhidden via your computer with the same directory. If the file is successfully unhidden, your media should be able to access your data properly.

Hope this solve your problem, and let me know if you have further question.

New Contributor
azhary
My Device: BOLD 9790

Thank you very much Linviki!

Your help is very much appreciated.

My problem resolved!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :smileyhappy:

AdrBlack