Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

n3vll
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Strange email (Folder) icon for my 2 hotmail accounts.

Can anyone please explain why i have a new 'mini orange envelope' icon with a 'thin swirly line round it' at the bottom of my folder on my 2 x hotmail accounts folders?

They used to just be plain envelopes icons. Has something happened that I should be aware of or is something saved? What is this new icon alerting me to? or is this just a creative upgrade?

(I auto-upgraded my BB Desktop Software to 6.0.0.40 recently, is this related?)

I have always had a 'mini globe' icon at the bottom of my folder for my Gmail account. This has stayed the same. Does it perhaps represent a pop/hotmail account as opposed to a gmail-forwarded account?

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
macska
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Strange email (Folder) icon for my 2 hotmail accounts.

It's the new logo for MSN Live mail, so they are your hotmail accounts. Mine changed to that after updating the BB OS, but have gone back to the old version at some point. They still work the same, just the icon looks different. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Abli
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi I'm new to this so apologies if this isn't the right place.  My boss has 2 email accounts on his blackberry, one is an optusnet and one is a webmail exchange type.  One can send but not receive (the emails bounce) and one can receive but not send!

I've switched it on and off, taken the battery off, deleted the service packs off and resent the service books, deleted the entire email accounts from the blackberry website and redone but the problem remains.

Any suggestions?  Or where should I post this?  I've search all over the forums and but couldn't find a simliar issue.

Cheers

Alison

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
macska
My Carrier: Rogers

Abli wrote:

Hi I'm new to this so apologies if this isn't the right place.  My boss has 2 email accounts on his blackberry, one is an optusnet and one is a webmail exchange type.  One can send but not receive (the emails bounce) and one can receive but not send!

I've switched it on and off, taken the battery off, deleted the service packs off and resent the service books, deleted the entire email accounts from the blackberry website and redone but the problem remains.

Any suggestions?  Or where should I post this?  I've search all over the forums and but couldn't find a simliar issue.

Cheers

Alison

You may want to start a new thread with this information, as  it isn't related to this one, so would get more attention if it was on its own.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Abli
My Carrier: Vodafone

Macksa thanks so much.  You're going to think I'm a complete knob - I can't figure out where to start a new thread!  :smileytongue:  Can you help?

Please use plain text.