Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
o1sowise
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Strange email push latency problem

I have many email addresses defined to my BB 9700.

Recently, my BB has been having issues with my main work email address. 

I did many tests to measure the latency.  Yesterday, at 12:09p, I sent a single email to 3 accounts hosted at goDaddy and to my account at att.blackberry.net (as a control):

1. Account at att.blackberry.net received it within seconds
  2. goDaddy Account #1 received it within seconds
  3. goDaddy Account #2 received it within seconds
  4. goDaddy Account #3 received it @ 3:25a.  This is my main work email account.  More than 15 hours is clearly unacceptable.  Sometimes emails are delayed 3 hours, sometimes 4h, sometimes 9h, this case 15h and sometimes they never arrive.  Remember, this account too used to work within seconds.

I checked the definitions at goDaddy, on the BB and via the old BIS website and all 4 seems to be defined exactly the same.  Any ideas?

____
John
Please use plain text.
Contributor
o1sowise

Re: Strange email push latency problem

I checked with GoDaddy and for account#3, they report that the email hit the webmail server within seconds, so they believe it's a carrier (AT&T) problem...

____
John
Please use plain text.
Contributor
o1sowise

Re: Strange email push latency problem

So I spent the whole morning with goDaddy then AT&T then RIM (BlackBerry).  We tried everything: deleting Service Books and resending; deleting the email account and re-adding (once thru the BIS website and a second time from the BB); and many other things BB tried in the background.  Mike @ RIM was fantastic and tried everything.  When all else failed, Mike read the the fora and found a similar case and suggested I:

1. Delete the account from the BB
  2. Pull the Battery
  3. Delete the account from GoDaddy
  4. Wait a bit
  5. Re-add the account at GoDaddy
  6. Put the battery back in
  7. Re-add the account on the BB

Well, what do you know that worked!!!:smileyvery-happy:

____
John
Please use plain text.