Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
JT800
My Device: BOLD 9780

Sudden request to validate password for email address....

Have been using Bold for 1yr+, received this (strange) request.........however under 'Email Accounts' cannot access email settings as it won't recognize User Name and Password!  When put in email (surname) settings (which still work on laptop) receive the following: "'The information you provided is incorrect. Retype your user name and password. Your user name and password are case sensitive". 

Am at a complete loss and can't resolve (which I need to do within 36 hrs because am going overseas and need my BB to be working!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

New Contributor
ydionne1
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Sudden request to validate password for email address....

Had the same issue.  It was due to the fact that internet provider email server was screwed up.  My email account was inaccessible so when my phone tried to access it was unable to do so with saved preferences.  Had to call provider to reset. Hope this helps. Good luck.

GregoryD
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Re: Sudden request to validate password for email address....

Had the same issue this morning and after trying many (technical) fixes from these boards (to no avail) it turned out my BB didn't recognize the email address(s) because I had changed services at home (phone, tv, internet) from comcast to at&t and after signing on to my accounts separately at my internet provider, my BB accepted the passwords.
I can't explain it but it worked!