Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
BKRutkowski
My Device: Bold. 9930

Suddenly Email won't work

I recently switched to O2 as my service provider in the UK.  My phone,, web browser , text, Facebook....all are working.    My email did for the first month with O2, but suddenly my ability to get emails has stopped.   

My previous  service provider was Verizon Wireless in the U.S.

when I try to set up the email i get an errori that my device is not registered with Blackberry.  Even when I go through the steps to register it, including getting a confirmation from Blackberry that I have registered ,  it still does not  work.  When i attempt to set up email again I get the same response to register my Blackberry. 

i have met with the O2 support and their guru  to get help but they can not get my email setup  to work. 

I confirmed with Verizon to release my subscriber details

i have swapped  out the SIMcards

we have wiped the device clean and reloaded everything  

i 'm frustrated  I bought this phone in April 2012 for $200.  And now fit appears to have a bug or something. I want a replacement phone    

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Suddenly Email won't work

It's not a bug. That 9930 is intended for use on Verizon. It can roam easily on O2.

But now you want O2 as your main provider, and the 9930 has the GSM network bands required, however since it is primary Verizon CDMA network device, the device's IMEI is not in the O2 database to register the device on their network.

Tell O2 they need to enter the MEID of the device into their network database so that it will register.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
BKRutkowski
My Device: Bold. 9930

Re: Suddenly Email won't work

Thank you for this information. O2 wanted to test something else., and it still doesn't work. I will try another guru and see if the will add the MEID into their system.
Thanks