Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

Suddenly Facebook has become my default calendar on my phone (I use Outlook)

In the past few days I noticed that appointments I made on my phone were not synching into my Outlook.  However, when I make an appointment on my computer in Outlook, it synchs fine onto my phone.  I finally noticed that Facebook is showing as the default calendar in my phone. 

I have gone into Options/Device/Advanced/Default Services and there I see the Calendar (CICAL) is Facebook, with a down arrow.  HOWEVER, there is no choice except facebook.  I cannot change it.

The contact list (SYNC) and Messaging (CMIME) both show the correct (Outlook) email address. 

I am no tekkie - so no idea why this problem recently started.  I have looked through my facebook (on laptop) and through facebook settings on my FB phone app, and couldn't find any clues.  I finally deleted the Facebook app from my phone, rebooted, and still an appointment made is defaulting to facebook and won't transfer to Outlook in a synch.

I then rebooted the phone by taking out the battery, but that hasn't helped either.  I don't know what else to do.

Facebook is gone from my phone and still it is my only calendar?

Interestingly, the appointments I made on my phone have NOT shown up on Facebook, thank goodness.  I don't use my FB calendar for anything at all.  I just like to use my phone to post the odd photo.

Any help for me?  thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Suddenly Facebook has become my default calendar on my phone (I use Outlook)

I experienced the same thing after the update was applied yesterday. I don't use Facebook anymore and never used the FB calendar. Just want my Outlook calendar syncing back but cannot  figure out how to get that! Frankly I do not appreciate being directed to Facebook at all. Anyone know how to undo this?

My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Suddenly Facebook has become my default calendar on my phone (I use Outlook)

Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings -> Service Book. Find the CICAL for Facebook and delete it (I deleted the Facebook app first also, and will NOT be reinstalling it). I was using Gmail calendar, which Facebook calendar apparently attempted to replace, and had to delete the Gmail account from Email Settings and recreate the account again to get it to work as my default again. I agree that I don't appreciate the seeming attempt to force us to use something (Facebook) that we specifically chose not to have connected to our calendars/contacts! Almost seems like virus, installing **bleep** we didn't want, displacing stuff we actually did want...
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks, J-Ro, but I was unable to delete the Facebook calendar.  There was no other choice of calendars, and no option available on my phone to delete it.  I solved the problem by calling Telus.  Here is what we had to do:

- reinstall the Faceook app

- for some reason, that restored the option to change calendars (although before i deleted the FB app, that option had disappeared). 

I was able to change the default calendar to Outlook.  I then deleted the FB app again.

The Facebook calendar is still there as an option, despite having deleted FB, but at least the default calendar is also there, and the appointments are synching properly again. 

However, I have now been able to go in to the Service Book, as you suggested, and have deleted the FB calendar.  Thanks for your help.

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile

This solution worked for me, and after removing Facebook completely from my phone I have control of my calendar again. What pisses me off about this is the trickery and sneaky **bleep** that Facebook continues to pull. I am one of those people who have never authorized an app on Facebook and I keep a very close eye on the changes and security settings, yet despite my best effort Facebook has managed to break through my defenses. That's it for me, Facebook will never be loaded onto another one of my phones ever again.