Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
ASinclair
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Suddenly from this morning my BB Bold 9790 is not receiving any incoming mail on my hotmail account

Is there a general problem with BlackBerry receiving e-mails from a hotmail account?

From this morning, no incoming e-mails from my hotmail account have been received on my BB but I received two e-mails on my BB from my other blue yonder account.

Only realised it because someone was sending me an e-mail to my hotmail address and I was saying I didn't receive it as I didn't see it come through on my phone. When e-mail was resent and I still didn't see it on my BB, I logged on to my hotmail account on my laptop and saw the two e-mails plus many more sent today in my Inbox but not showing on my BB.

I checked that Data Services are on and it is and everything else seems to be ok. Nothing appears to have been changed.

Anyone got any ideas what could be going on here?

Thanks,

Anna

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Suddenly from this morning my BB Bold 9790 is not receiving any incoming mail on my hotmail account

Both of my Hotmail/Outlook email accounts are sending and receiving fine.

Try going to Setup > Email Accounts, press the BB menu button and select Service Books, then resend your service books. That may do it. You might also want to check to ensure that your email settings for your Hotmail account are correct (e.g. re-enter your password, etc).

I hope that helps out!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ASinclair
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Suddenly from this morning my BB Bold 9790 is not receiving any incoming mail on my hotmail account

Thanks.

This did the trick and I started to receive e-mails again from my hotmail account on my BB.

The service books must have been out of date.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Awesome, glad that helped!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.