Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
rdmansharamani
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Supplementary Service Error: General Error (After every sms and call)

Hi,

I am using a Blackberry Bold 9000 which is unlocked with Airtel (prepaid) service provider in India. As soon as i send any sms or make any phone call i get this message "Supplementary Service Error: General Error".

Can anyone please guide me on how to solve this problem.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ravi D Mansharamani

Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Supplementary Service Error: General Error (After every sms and call)

Try resetting the device , with the phone turn on, take out the battery for 30 seconds and reinstall it again.

Are you dialing for speed dial?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
rdmansharamani
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Re: Re: Supplementary Service Error: General Error (After every sms and call)

Hi, I never got that message earlier. Suddenly I started getting it. I am not using speed dial. I think I must have changed some settings. I just want to know how do I solve it. I know few people had the sanme problem and I would really appreciate if they can help me on the same. Kind Regards Ravi D Mansharamani
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Question you already reset the device taking out the battery?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
aluck247
My Device: Not Specified

i also have this problem with the same error message appearing. i cant text or call. Im on 02 and i have signal and battery. i have tried a battery pull and even wiped the phone. is there anything i can do.    Please Help!!

nayancmehta
My Device: Curve 8520

I was facing this problem earlier.  I used Reliance prepaid. 

This is a common problem to all prepaid numbers used on blackberry device.  You may shift to post paid ... then this problem should not be faced.

New Contributor
ab_bansal
My Device: 8520

[ Edited ]

Dear Blackberry Team,

I’m having “Blackberry 8520” mobile handset and using “Vodafone Prepaid SIM card” from the last almost 01st year but just 02 days back only I have changed SIM card from “Vodafone to Airtel (Prepaid)”.

After changing SIM card I’m regularly getting a message after disconnection of any call, here is the message detail

Supplement​ary service error: General error

Based on reviews checked on “Blackberry Forum”, I have removed Battery & inserted after one minute but still same message is coming “Supplement​ary service error: General error”

Waiting for a positive response from your side

Thanks & Regards,

Amitabh
Mobile No.: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edit: Last name & mobile number removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Check out the User Guidelines for details.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

Hi there!

ab_bansal wrote:

Dear Blackberry Team,

I’m having “Blackberry 8520” mobile handset and using “Vodafone Prepaid SIM card” from the last almost 01st year but just 02 days back only I have changed SIM card from “Vodafone to Airtel (Prepaid)”.

After changing SIM card I’m regularly getting a message after disconnection of any call, here is the message detail

Supplement​ary service error: General error

Based on reviews checked on “Blackberry Forum”, I have removed Battery & inserted after one minute but still same message is coming “Supplement​ary service error: General error”

Waiting for a positive response from your side

Thanks & Regards,

Amitabh
Mobile No.: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your wireless service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
ashishv03
My Device: Curve 8520

I have followed the above steps and still getting the same mesege: "Supplement​ary service error: General error" after disconnection of any call

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

You will notice, at the end of those instructions, there is the final instruction to contact your wireless service provider for formal support. I suggest you now follow that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code