If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

ashishv03
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Supplementary Service Error: General Error (After every sms and call)

My operator is suggesting to Wipe out the handheld. Is it the last option?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Depending on exactly how they recommended for you to do that (there are multiple methods of which I am aware), it may or may not be the "last option".

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
vaibhavkapur
My Device: 9300 Curve 3G
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi I bought blackberry curve 9300 just week before ..n i m usin airtel prepaid .... i m also facing same issues  after every call or sms i get supplementary service error general error do anybody know the solution to this

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

vaibhavkapur wrote:

Hi I bought blackberry curve 9300 just week before ..n i m usin airtel prepaid .... i m also facing same issues  after every call or sms i get supplementary service error general error do anybody know the solution to this

hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Yes -- exactly as described already in this thread...please scroll up, read, and try what is recommended. Report back with specific results from what you attempt.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
vaibhavkapur
My Device: 9300 Curve 3G
My Carrier: Airtel

I called my carrier and they dont know for sure why this error is coming they have suggested me to change my sim card... does anybody noes whether dis is due to problem in my handset or the problem is from my carrier?

Please use plain text.
mind_killer
My Device: Blackberry 9300
My Carrier: Airtel Postpaid

I have a Blackberry 9300 and Airtel Postpaid. Started getting this error recently when I was on roaming.

Tried hard reboot, but in vain. 

Any leads anyone?

PS. This does not occur only in specifc cases of the connection being prepaid, as was previously mentioned in the thread.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thomasbenjamin
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm having the same issue with a Bold 9700 on AT&T and no accounts have been activated on this device as of yet. I did just swap SIM cards from an older Bold 9000. Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wilmawalkz
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Exactly the same happened to me, yesterday actually, after lots of struggling doing everything possible etc, doing a sim swap will do the trick... =)

The problem is, something triggered your BB to stop reading your sim card serial number... ((my sim card worked in other phones and other sim cards worked in my BB)) 

Hope this helps because it worked for me...

:Angel:

Please use plain text.
BubLee
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Cell C

Hi! I tried every single step you suggested but it says the same thing! Any other suggestions please? I need to be able to make calls. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

BubLee wrote:
Hi! I tried every single step you suggested but it says the same thing! Any other suggestions please? I need to be able to make calls. Thanks

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Since you say you tried "every single step" that was suggested above, then what did your service provider say when you asked them?

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.