Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
chasbo
My Device: Bold 9700

Sync Contacts Between Outlook & Phone

Just had all my contacts transferred from old phone to new phone but when I sync using desktop it doesn't put them in my outlook contacts. Any ideas?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Sync Contacts Between Outlook & Phone

Are the contacts on the SIM card?

You will have to import them into the phone.

Also in DM did you enable 2 way sync?

I like to backup the contacts in outlook to a second folder for the first sync, I have made a few mistakes in which way to have things sync.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
chasbo
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Sync Contacts Between Outlook & Phone

They are definitely on the SIM card in the phone and have two way sync checked in DM. So how would I import outlook contacts to the phone?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Is there a way to back up the address book (contacts) to the SIM card or media card on 8310?

@chasbo

It has been a while since I have used DM and the newer version I have not played with yet.

You can import from SIM to device

KB03189 - Import contacts from the SIM card to your address book/a>

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V