Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Mahay
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Sync Problem - BES - Outlook sub-folders BB 9900

[ Edited ]

Hello, I am using a company BB (9900) that is linked to my Outlook. In Outlook, I have my inbox and a sub-folder in my inbox called "other." I set up a rule for all emails that are coming from persons on my personal contact list (friends, family, etc.) to go into the "other folder." In Outlook, all the emails that are subject to the rule go into the "other" folder. Regular emails are coming into my Inbox. On my BB, however, I am not getting any emails into the "other" folder. It's completely empty and does not sync when new emails come in. If I move an email into the “other” folder from my inbox, it will show up on my BB. I would appreciate any help that you can provide. Thank you!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Sync Problem - BES - Outlook sub-folders BB 9900

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You need to work with your BES admins as they control, well, everything. There is a specific section of this site just for BES admins as well, from which your admins can seek advice from other admins:

But, in general, I'd suggest you have your admins look at these topics:

• Enabling "Hard Deletes" on BES -- to ensure that, after your rule moves the message on the server, it is removed from the BB Inbox
  • Enabling "Folder Redirection" so that you can see the contents of server-based folders on your BB

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Mahay
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Thanks! That site is actually really useful - I wasn't aware of it. I looked up the exact issue and sent the KB article to the system admin.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code