Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
L84CABO
My Device: Not Specified

Sync Question

Hi Again

My most recent history is with a Motorla Q Phone.  Yea, I know, but it was a company phone so I didn't have a choice.  Anyway, I did like the "Active Sync" functionality it had.  Is there a way for the BB In Box to stay in Sync with Outlook In Box (We're on BES)?  Specificially, when I delete an email or move an emial in Outlook, I would like the email to be deleted from the BB In Box.  Similarly, if I delete an email from the BB In Box, I'd like it to delete from the Outlook In Box.

Possible? 

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Sync Question

If you are using any exchange server (BES) of course you can, you need to setup the synchronization wireless
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
L84CABO

Ok, still a little bit lost.  Here's what I've been able to achieve so far.  When I delete from my Outlook In Box, it deletes on the BB In Box.  And vice versa.  What seems to be causing problems, is when I move a message from my Outlook In Box into an Outlook Personal Folder, the BB leaves the message in the BB In Box.  I do not have any personal folders setup on the BB (don't really want them if I can avoid it).  How do I get the BB to delete the message from the BB In Box when I move it in Outlook? 

Solve this and I'll let you keep your Avatar...but only for the rest of the year!  ;-)

Seriously though, thank you for your help!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

This is the problem, if you are not deleting the mail from the Outlook, why the Blackberry device go to delete the mail?

You need to setup the filters on the exchange too, so if you move the mail in inbox the mail is moved too in the Blackberry device. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
L84CABO

Yup...I'm in well over my head.  I understand that the fact that i'm moving items in outlook and not deleting them is causing the problem.  So you're saying I need to setup a filter in Outlook?  I've read the Outlook Help on setting up Synchronization Filters but am unclear exactly what to setup  *bangs head on desk*

Can you dumb this down for the technologically challenged at all?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

So you're saying I need to setup a filter in Outlook?

No, in the exchange server, you wrote that you have filters to move the mails to specific folders right? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

Ok, i understand, you don't have the filters to automatically send the emails to specific folders, you are doing this manually, but you have the folders on the device too?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
L84CABO

I have both.  I have a few filters setup to move items from my Outlook inbox to personal folders and then I move items manually through the course of may daily work.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
L84CABO

Sorry, I do not have folders setup on the device.  I simply have the In Box.  Is this my problem?  Do I need to setup folders on the BB so that it matches my Outlook?  And if so, is there a way to import those from outlook?
Please use plain text.