Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
slaird75
My Device: 9900

Sync error message: CRRecurringl: SetRecurringDates Start date is invalid

[ Edited ]

Sync error message: CRRecurringl: SetRecurringDates Start date is invalid

I have deleted and re-entered every recurring calendar entry. This has not solved the problem.

I sync on 2 computers. The deskop computer using BB Desk Top 7.0 syncs fine. The laptop using BB Desk Top 7.1 does not sync. 2.5 hours wasted.

any other suggestions.?

BB 9900 7.0 bundle 2406

carrier; Telus

desktop version 7.1.0.37

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Sync error message: CRRecurringl: SetRecurringDates Start date is invalid

Hi slaird75,

The issue is causud by Address Book Contact containing a blank contact image may cause the synchronization to incomplete. Check the below knowledge base article to know more on the issue -

• KB31008 Error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing with the BlackBerry Desktop Software

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

bpalmateer
My Device: Torch 9800

Same problem with my laptop at home.  No problem with the synching at my office, but then when I bring the BB home and attempt to synch with laptop at home I get this error.  I don't want to wipe out the info on the BB, because that is the info I want to synch with the home laptop.

GLEXJetPilot
My Device: Bold 9930

I have just learned that that error message is generated by an appointment in your BlackBerry Calendar with a recurring start date prior to 01/01/1900. So, either delete all BlackBerry Calendar items and resync or find the one entry that has a date before 1900.
EricF_BBForum
My Device: 9300

SOLVED: Sync error message: CRRecurringl: SetRecurringDates Start date is invalid

Thank you VERY MUCH to GLEXJetPilotfor his post about  the "1900 date entry" as reason for Blackberry Synch Error_CRRecurring..Set Recurring Dates.Start Date Invalid

I had that error, so I Googled the syntax, that lead me to this forum, I found/read GLEXJetPilot's post, then checked my BB for a 1900 date, found a Birthdate set ( accidentally ) to 1900, deleted the entry, re-synched and VOILA!!!

I am so thankful to forums where real people actually solve real problems/bugs/errors :smileyvery-happy:

BTW GLEXJetPilot, r u RC or real Jet Pilot. SMS or email me reply.

Eric

Regular Contributor
netviber
My Device: Bold 9790

Re: SOLVED: Sync error message: CRRecurringl: SetRecurringDates Start date is invalid

:smileysad: can you remember how you found the 1900 entry?  Was this in Contacts or Calendar?  Realise this was a while ago

Regards
1alison1
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: SOLVED: Sync error message: CRRecurringl: SetRecurringDates Start date is invalid

I am having the same problem.

Did you find a solution?

Would try deleting all BB dates but don't know how other than doing one by one.

Also don't know how to search out a recurring event with a start date of 1900 or earlier OR a birthdate of 1900.

any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Alison

Regular Contributor
netviber
My Device: Bold 9790

I wiped the phone.  I reinstalled from Office Outlook on my desktop but didn't include any past appointments which seemed to do the trick.  I regularly synch with Outlook so restore was no problem.  Even Outlook is set to drop past appts so any appts more than 12 months old are deleted from the desktop.  BB only holds future ones.

What apps are you running?

Regards