Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
mkhaledhamad
My Device: Bold 9900

Sync of Calendar with outlook calendar 2010 - Non BES account

Hello,

The calendar is not syncing wireless with outlook 2010 calendar, I followed the instructions manual, but the option menu in calendar does not show any wireless sync option (tickmark)!!!

the only options are showing only the following:

- Calendar Display

- Conference calling

- Date & Time

- Accounts:

*email account1

*email account2

*email account3

#Appointment color

#display reminder

#number of entries

the email account is already defined as the default account for calendar (CICAL)!!

My colleauge have 9790 using the same server, and the same setting, and the calendar is sync properly through wireless.

I tried sync throug bb Desktop Manager, it worked.

I dont have BES, so I set up my Microsoft Exchange email as internet based account.

the emails are being sync properly between handheld and the server.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Sync of Calendar with outlook calendar 2010 - Non BES account

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

OTA calendar/contact sync is only available with a few platform (Gmail and Yahoo, perhaps one or two more). From what you describe, you have set up your email service as either POP, IMAP, or OWA ("internet based account" is not clear enough)...all of those support OTA email only, nothing more.

Basically, if the tic box is there in the email configuration wizard, then BIS supports OTA sync of more than just email...but if the tic box is not there, then it is not supported.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
mkhaledhamad
My Device: Bold 9900

thank you very much for your input,

what i meant by internet based account, is that when you first try to set up the email account you are promoted to two types BES and other option (through BIS) < - this what i meant,

my email server address ends with xxx.xxxx.xx/OWA >> does this fall under owa email category?

as i said my colleague who is using the same server address get his calendar sync using bb 9790.

and what does OTA stand for? is it supported to sync too?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

mkhaledhamad wrote:

what i meant by internet based account, is that when you first try to set up the email account you are promoted to two types BES and other option (through BIS) < - this what i meant, 

Ah...what I was referring to was how you set up your Server, not your BB/BIS client. However your server is configured will dictate the features and functions that are available.

mkhaledhamad wrote:

my email server address ends with xxx.xxxx.xx/OWA >> does this fall under owa email category?

Probably, but I have no way to know...whoever set up your server should know if it's POP, IMAP, OWA, something else, or some combination.

mkhaledhamad wrote:

as i said my colleague who is using the same server address get his calendar sync using bb 9790.

Then you need to look at exactly how your colleague did that, because from all that I read here, such should not be possible OTA.

mkhaledhamad wrote:

and what does OTA stand for? is it supported to sync too? 

OTA = Over The Air, as opposed to connected to a computer via USB.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

it seems calendar OTA sync is not available for OWA BIS connection. Please read the following article from the public knowledge base:

KB29026 Unable to synchronize contacts and calendar wirelessly with the integrated Microsoft Outlook Web Access account

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: