Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

jbourkesp
My Device: Not Specified

Synch Error 0x3b21

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a Blackberry Bold and have installed the Desktop Manager (originally 4.6) onto my Vista machine.  Tried to do the Synch and keep getting the 0x3b21 error.  Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, removing the IntelliSynch folder, deleting the contents of that folder and upgrading to version 4.7 of the Desktop Manager.  All with no luck still.

Any other ideas on getting my contacts across?

Thanks

Edited to say apologies that I didnt see the Desktop Manager forum, will post in there as well. 

Message Edited by jbourkesp on 12-03-2008 11:57 AM
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Synch Error 0x3b21

Which version of Outlook you have installed?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
jbourkesp
My Device: Not Specified

Sorry forgot that bit, Outlook 2007
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Here is the solution, thanks again to Alligator

The key point is installation of Office 2007.

While in the beginning of installation you have to choose customise menu in order to set installation options by yourself. In the installation options you have to disable Add-In section under the Outlook tab. If you don't install Outlook Add-In section at the installation of Office 2007, you system will sync between your blackberry and your device. Also you don't need to mess up things like mail exchanger folder creation or renaming. The real problem is Microsoft Outlook Connector Software Error. The file is omsmain.dll. The Add-In section sets up this Connector Software. If you had already installed Office 2007 I recommend uninstall and install fresh one with customised options. Deleting or Disabling Connector Add-In feature (omsmain.dll) after the installation will not work.
Also don’t forget to cleanup intellisync folder after the installation. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.