Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Alexrf
My Device: Not Specified

Synchonize failure

The synchronisation of my bold with outlook was set up and working fine until recently. I am now having trouble. I am receiving a message: 'A communication error occurred whilst trying to connect the device. Please reconnect the device to initiate a new connection' and the synchonization button 'synchonize now' is not highlighting. I have tried repeatedly reconnecting, restarting the PC and using different USB ports. Any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lakatak
My Device: Bold

Re: Synchonize failure

Have you tried powering off your Bold and taking the battery out for a few minutes, then put the battery back in and power it on?
Kudos?
Solved?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Try this to locate your problem:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02640&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Alexrf

Unfortunately the situation has worsen. I removed the battery as this seemed worth a try and the phone is now not workings at all. Iniitally it cam up with a notice 'uncaught exception:java.long.NullPointerExcept...... and now it just has a blank white screen with small writing App Error 205 Rest. I have tried to press resent and removed the battery again but again all I have is a white screen with the same message. Have tried several time now. The device is completely unusable in any capacity now.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi ,

The 205 error with the uncaught exception means a complete device OS load.

Here is the procedure for loading the OS;

Read TANZIMS post:

Step #1

Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer.

Step#2

Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.

Step#3

Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  3. Double-click Backup and Restore.
  4. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases.
  5. Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save.

Step#4

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Double-click the Application Loader icon.
  3. Click Next to start the installation process.
  4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
  5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next.
  6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process.
  9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly.
  10. Click Next > Finish.
  11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Alexrf

Step 3 is not working as the Backup button is not highlighted.

Step 4 is also not working and giving me a message that the software for the device and software on the PC is not recognising each other (or something like that). I think the problem is that when I first got the phone I had problems sychronizing and in the end got a PC technician to do it.  I was using a older version of MS Office Outlook with windows XP (2005 I think) which annoyingly the Bold desktop software would not give us the option of Synchronising with. He ended up uninstalling the desktop manager software and reinstalling an older version and for a while it worked fine and sychronized ok. I am now uninstalling the older version of the desktop manager and installing the one the device came with again. This will hopefully get the phone working again but won't resolve the original problem I posted which was my inabililty to synchronized with MS Outlook.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Alexrf

Have reinstalled the desk top software the device seems to be functioning. When I synchronise it appears to behave as if it is successfully synchronizing but ultimately comes up with a message intellisync - 'no available message stores'. I have no idea what this means. Can I synchronise this device without buying the latest version of MS Outlook?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

What version of Outlook are you using?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Alexrf

Hi

I have MS Office 2000 Professional. Is it possible to synchronise the Bold with this version of Outlook using the Blackberry Desktop Software 4.6?

Thank you for your assistance so far.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

On the Blackberry go to OPTIONS/SECURITY/GENERAL SETTINGS/CONTENT PROTECTION disable.

On the PC, delete the intellisync folder:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11703&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Thanks,

Please use plain text.