Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
raj2
My Device: Bold

Synchronising calender

Colleagues,

I would like to transfer/synchronise all my BB appointments/calender entries to a calender on my computer - any calender will do. So far I have failed except for seeing 7 days in an MS Outlook email account.

1] Is it possible to synchronise my BB calender to my Windows 7/Windows Live Mail email account? It appears I can synchronise my Contacts to Windows 7 but not a calender.

2]Is it possible to see the whole of my calender in MS Outlook after synchronisation with an Outlook email account? At present I can only see 7 days.

Thanks

Bob Jeffrey

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Synchronising calender

Hello,

raj2 wrote:

1] Is it possible to synchronise my BB calender to my Windows 7/Windows Live Mail email account? It appears I can synchronise my Contacts to Windows 7 but not a calender.

Please see this KB for compatibility:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

raj2 wrote:

2]Is it possible to see the whole of my calender in MS Outlook after synchronisation with an Outlook email account? At present I can only see 7 days.

Please see this KB:

• KB03315 How to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Please ensure that within the synchronization options you have not restricted it to only 7 days.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
raj2

Thanks for reply.

It seems I need Desktop software 6.1 Desktop software 7 only included MS OUtlook. However, can't seem to find a 6.1 version. Trawled all over the shop. Probably there somewhere, Help

Bob

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Actually no...while RIM lists those compatibilities, they do not make available anything but the most recent...but you can find older versions here:

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
raj2

Colleague,

I  loaded BB Desktop Software 6.1 instead of the latest 7.0. The summary below indicates that the calender can be synchronised with WIndows 7. However, when configuring for Synchronising the calender the only available options are MS Outlook, ACSII IMporter/Explorere, Yahoo. The latter appeared to be successful but I couldn't get it to work.

Is it time to give up and acept it for MS Outlook

Bob

The following applications are supported for synchronization with BlackBerry® Desktop Software 6.1:

• IBM® Lotus Notes® 6.5.5, 7.04, 8.0.3, and 8.5.1
  • Microsoft® Outlook® 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010 (32-bit & 64-bit modes)
  • Microsoft® Outlook® Express 6
  • Windows Contacts (Windows Vista, Windows 7)
  • Windows Calendar (Windows Vista, Windows 7)
  • Novell® GroupWise® 6.5, 7
  • Yahoo!®
  • .CSV files via ASCII Importer/Exporter
Please use plain text.
Contributor
raj2

Colleague,

Having, for the present accepted that the calender can only synchronise with MS Outlook I only get a 7 day calender. I have tried to set paremeters for the whole calender from my BB phone but cannot see how to do this. There appears to be a main calender in MS OUtlook and the 7 Day calender. How can they be integrated or how can I get all the calender information from my BB to the main MS Outlook calender.

I really appreciate the time you are taking to assist me.I nominal payment from me would be acceptable.

Bob Jeffrey

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

raj2 wrote:

I  loaded BB Desktop Software 6.1 instead of the latest 7.0.

Just for clarity, the "latest" is actually 7.1...not 7.0.

raj2 wrote:

However, when configuring for Synchronising the calender the only available options are MS Outlook, ACSII IMporter/Explorere, Yahoo.

That is odd...and, as you deduce, contradictory to what the KB claims. Are you 100% positive that you had ONLY the 6.1 version installed? No remnants of the 7.x version? Odd indeed...

raj2 wrote:

The latter appeared to be successful but I couldn't get it to work.

Hmmm...do you mean Yahoo? Sadly, from "I couldn't get it to work." I have no assistance to offer...details about what exactly happened would be needed IF you desire to pursue that method.

raj2 wrote:

Is it time to give up and acept it for MS Outlook

Everyone makes their own choices based upon their own unique set of needs, desires, and tolerance levels.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

raj2 wrote:

Having, for the present accepted that the calender can only synchronise with MS Outlook I only get a 7 day calender. I have tried to set paremeters for the whole calender from my BB phone but cannot see how to do this. 

Please refer back to post 2 in this thread...the setting would be within the Desktop Software Synchronization Settings, not on the BB itself.

Unless, perhaps, the BB itself is set to save only 7 days worth of the calendar? If so, on the device that would be here:

• Homescreen > Calendar > Logo_Blue.gif > Options > Calendar Display and Actions

In there should be a "Keep Appointments" setting, which you would want to be sure is showing "Forever".

raj2 wrote:

There appears to be a main calender in MS OUtlook and the 7 Day calender.

I've no idea what that means...in my Outlook, I have one calendar only...I see no evidence of any "7 Day calendar"...that must be something user-created, but I've no idea how it's impacting your synchronization.

raj2 wrote:

How can they be integrated or how can I get all the calender information from my BB to the main MS Outlook calender.

The methods provided earlier discuss how you actually need to configure things...please review them again and carefully follow their instructions.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.