Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold

Synchronization Is Currently Unavailable

When trying to Sync from device to outlook using desktop manager I get a warning sign "Synchronization is currently unavailable" because the application is confg for "Wireless Synchronization".....Desktop Synchronization for the above application will be disabled....

I want to Sync using my device to computer cable...how do I turn off the  "Wireless Synchronization"

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Synchronization Is Currently Unavailable

Within the device configuration itself. With any message list displayed, click the BBKey and select Options > Email Reconciliation. If you have multiple email accounts, select the one you desire and then change the Wireles Reconcile setting to Off.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Synchronization Is Currently Unavailable

The Desktop Manager will sync 4 databases with an email program (Address Book, Calendar, Tasks, Memos) So if you're on a BES and you want to sync with the Desktop Manager you have to turn the wireless sync option off in all or some of the 4 databases mentioned above.

So for instance if you wanted to sync the Address Book you would have to go into the Address Book on a BlackBerry, hit the menu butto, and go into Options. From there you can turn the wireless synchronization option off. Do that for each of the for databases that you want to sync. Then you'll be able to sync with the Desktop Manager.

Just remember to turn the wireless sync back on when you're done. Or else the device won't sync wirelessly with your email program anymore.  :smileyhappy:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.